we have discovered ways of how to approach the practical side of sharing responsibility. Yet there may also be a more principal side to it, a guiding principle to be able to test when allmende.io was successful and can be retired again: an exit condition. This may be improved further on. Here is a first take at it:
Networks are hard, and populations are attracted to commercial data silos. We intend to liberate the user’s data and provide a self-governed medium for expression and communication.
- We design and remix web software templates to be reusable and reused.
- This allows multiple instances of above templates to be deployed individually for domain-specific communities.
- This allows communities and their users to participate via multiple name spaces.
- This allows customisation of domain names, if needed.
- Altogether we provided documented and reusable communication stacks for distributed self-organisation.
The templates are built on the ecobytes libre.sh platform and are targeted at everyday user groups and a living developer ecosystem.