Ecobytes + allmende.io = ♥?

As long as Flynn is in development and Deis as a powerful orchestration engine, I have decided now we only need a leightweight Docker image management, as the Ecobytes infrastructure is not yet too big. On thise site before you find also another nice overview of Docker tools.

Flynn for example seems to become a somewhat reference implementation, as Dokku’s successor, for a Docker-based PaaS. And they also think of a transparent Database layer.

But I have decided to build on Shipyard first, keeping the two above and tsuru in the eye; literally, as I desperately want UI interfaces. Just for the sake of it.

Another nice read about DevOps Infrastructure can be found at The Twelve-Factor App.

Security is still a bit shaky apperently. But I’m sure it’ll be patch quickly. And we’ll not yet let our users run their own code on our containers, so it’s kind of ok.

Haha, ja, Docker and security; what a joke! You’re right; one has to take extra-special precautions with that. But I think Ecobytes nesting and NATing is already a strong wall.